Infection Control Committee
Internal hospital infections remain as one of the reasons of illness, increasing of rates of mortality and treatment costs all over the world. In this regard, it is important to develop the infection control program in all the hospitals.
Infection Control program in modern hospitals was for the first time used in England in 1950. The main aim of these programs is prophylaxis of internal hospital Staphylococcus spp. Infections.
Infection Control Committee was established in National Center of Oncology in 2010. There are some important risk factors which lead to hospital infections, so immunosuppressive and immunosuppressive treatments of oncological patients are included to this risk group.
The purpose of the creation of the committee:
- Relying on scientific principles, to define hospital-acquired infections in correct and in time, to develop methods and standards eliminate the causes of their formation, to prevent the appearance of infections for patients, employees and visitors.
- Conducting seminars in hospital, getting medical skills and keeping hospital rules by personnel are main principles of Committee.
- To take decision on buying of necessary equipments to develop Infection Control program and implementation of treatment with antibiotics, disinfection, sterilization, antiseptic procedures.
- If there is the risk of spread of any infection diseases among the patients or personnel in the hospital, in this case to take measures to prevent of this danger.
- In accordance with the statement of committee and chemist’s, to discuss using of antibiotics and resistivity problems of microbes.
- Control overthe collectionand disposalof medicalwaste.
- To accept annual statement that developed by Infection Control doctor.
- To discuss all the problems arising from the work of Infection Control Committee and their solution ways.
- Depending on the situation, Infection Control Committee may create small working groups during the year.